Dexcom Setup Step 6: Log Food, Exercise, & Notes
If you use the Freestyle Libre CGM, navigate to Setting Up Your Levels with FreeStyle Libre CGM.
Here’s how to log Food, Exercise, and Notes logs in your Levels app.
As a best practice, try logging all of your food and exercise—including snacks and walks—in the Levels app. or more information, visit: FAQ: Why should I log my activities in the app?
How to log Food, Exercise, or Notes:
- In the Levels app, select the plus (+) button at the bottom of the screen.
- Take a picture or import an image of the item you wish to log.
- The photo is optional; select Skip to continue with a text-only entry. It will not affect your scoring if you don't log a photo.
- To import a photo from your camera roll, tap the gallery icon.
- Add a short description of the log.
- Add a short description of the log. The level of detail is up to you; you may find it helpful to be more descriptive to help you pinpoint what affects your glucose levels. For more information, visit FAQ: How detailed should I get with logging meals?
- Confirm the Date and Start Time by tapping the clock on the bottom left of the screen (for exercise, you can log the End Time, too).
- For exercise logs, mark the exercise as Strenuous if you don’t want the glucose spike caused by it to affect your score. See instructions here.
- Select Save.
FAQs about logging:
- What do I use Notes for? You may notice that unexpected events impact your glucose. Examples include: stress, supplements like vitamin C, pain relievers like aspirin, and even some skincare products. Logging these events can help you make connections about how these events affect your glucose.
- How do I edit an existing log? Follow these instructions: How to Edit an Existing Log Entry.
- How do I import activities from other fitness trackers? You can set up automatic imports from a fitness tracker using Apple Health or Google Fit.
Next, check out our Dexcom FAQs below:
- Step 1: Download the apps
- Step 2: Prepare and apply your Dexcom CGM and Transmitter
- Step 3: Apply your Levels Performance Cover
- Step 4: Connect Dexcom to Levels
- Step 5: Turn off Dexcom app alerts
- Step 6: Log Food, Exercise, & Notes
- Dexcom FAQs