How to Import from Apple Health or Google Fit
This article walks you through how to import your workouts, sleep, heart rate, and step data from Apple Health (iOS) and Google Fit (Android).
Levels imports activities directly from Apple Health & Google Fit only. If you are using another service (e.g. Garmin, Strava, WHOOP, Oura) and want to sync your workouts, sleep, heart rate, and step data from the other services into Apple Health or Google Fit, your data will then automatically be imported into Levels!
How to Import from Apple Health or Google Fit:
- From the Levels app Today page, tap the person icon in the upper left hand corner of the screen.
- Next to Apple Health or Google Fit, tap the Connect button.
- Enable sharing of all of your activities from the prompt within the app.
After enabling the integration with Apple Health or Google Fit, Levels will import your last three days of activities, and all new activities lasting longer than 15 minutes going forward.
The data imported from these apps into Levels will create new exercise logs & compute new insights that are paired with your glucose data.
- If there is a pedometer and heart rate loading from your Apple health or Google fit, it will show up within the specific exercise activity in the Levels app when tapped on.
- Your activity will automatically be marked as "strenuous" in the Levels app if your heart rate goes above 150 BPM at least once and you experience a 20+ point glucose rise during the activity. When an activity is as "Strenuous", that entire Zone will not impact your Stability Score.
How to import Sleep data if you don't have a sleep tracker:
Android users, should follow the steps outlined above to import Sleep data.
iPhone users can use the Sleep Focus feature to set your next bed and wake up times. This schedule repeats only once. To set up a recurring sleep schedule, do the following:
- In the Apple Health app, tap Browse at the bottom right, then tap Sleep.
- Scroll down to Your Schedule, then tap Full Schedule & Options.
- Tap Set Your First Schedule, then select your options:
- Tap Add.
Adding this feature will allow sleep data to import to the Levels app. Essentially, anytime you aren't on your phone during that time, this designated sleep schedule will count as 'time asleep' and be imported to your Levels app.
Optimizing the data imported from Apple Health:
The Apple Health app takes similar data from different sources, such as steps recorded from your iPhone and activity from your Apple Watch, and organizes it based on where it comes from. By default, Health prioritizes data in this order:
- Health data that you enter manually.
- Data from your iPhone, iPod touch and Apple Watch.
- Data from apps and Bluetooth devices.
We strongly recommend sorting your list of connected devices/apps in Apple Health to ensure the Levels app is pulling data from the correct source.
Here's how to sort your devices in a way that optimally pulls data to your Levels app:
- Open the Health app and tap the Browse tab.
- Tap a category, then tap a subcategory.
- Scroll down, then tap Data Sources & Access.
- Tap Edit.
- Touch and hold the Change Order button next to a data source, then drag it up or down in the list.
- For Sleep, your devices should be in the following order: Oura > Apple Watch > Whoop > 8 Sleep > Garmin > autosleep/pillow> iPhone
- For Activities, your devices should be in the following order: Apple Watch > Garmin > Whoop > Oura
- To turn off a data source so it doesn't contribute any more data for that category, tap the tick next to the source.
- Tap Done.
If multiple sources contribute the same data type, the data source at the top will take priority over other sources. Any new apps or devices you add go to the top of the list automatically, above your iPhone or iPod touch. We recommend keeping your devices organized as outlined in steps 6 & 7 above.
- How to Connect Strava with Apple Health and Google Fit
- How to connect Garmin with Apple Health and Google Fit (via Garmin Connect)
- How to connect Oura with Apple Health and Google Fit
- How to connect WHOOP with Apple Heath
If you have any questions, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org and our Support team will be happy to help!