Dexcom Setup Step 5: Turn off Dexcom app alerts
If you use the Freestyle Libre CGM, navigate to Setting Up Your Levels with FreeStyle Libre CGM.
These instructions are for Members using Dexcom for general wellness use. If you use Dexcom to manage a medical condition, please use your doctor's recommendations or seek an opinion from a medical professional.
How to turn off Dexcom alerts
- Open the Dexcom app on your phone.
- Select Settings.
- Select Alerts. For General Wellness use, we recommend the following settings:
- Always Sound: Off
- Urgent Low: 55 mg/dL
- All other alerts: Off
Your Alerts Settings should look like this:
4. You must allow Critical Alert Notifications for the Dexcom G6 app to work. To turn Critical Alerts on, go to your iPhone Settings > choose Dexcom G6> tap Notifications> and turn Critical Alerts on. See video below:
Once you turned off Dexcom app alerts, select Step 6 below.
- Step 3: Apply your Levels Performance Cover
- Step 4: Connect Dexcom to Levels
- Step 5: Turn off Dexcom app alerts
- Step 6: Log Food, Exercise, & Notes
- Dexcom FAQs