Dexcom Setup Step 4: Connect Dexcom to Levels
If you use the Freestyle Libre CGM, navigate to Setting Up Your Levels with FreeStyle Libre CGM.
Here’s how to link your Dexcom account with your Levels account to allow Dexcom to send your CGM data to your Levels app.
How to Connect your Dexcom to the Levels App:
- Open levels.link/dexcom and log in first with your Levels account, and then with your Dexcom account.
- Authorize the Levels app to access your glucose data from Dexcom.
- The CGM will now need 2 hours to warm up. While your CGM is warming up, proceed to Step 4 below. IMPORTANT: During the two-hour warmup period, the app will say "Sensor: Not Connected". This is because the CGM will not connect with Levels until warm up is complete. You will not see glucose data in your apps until the 2-hour warmup period is done.
- While your sensor is warming up, read the Important things to note section below, and then proceed to Setup Step 5: Turn off Dexcom app alerts (linked at the bottom of this page) while your sensor is warming up.
Note: After the warmup is complete, you’ll receive a confirmation and start seeing your glucose readings! If your sensor fails during the warmup period, visit What should I do if my Dexcom CGM fails during the 2-hour warmup? period
- Extreme High/Low Readings: Some people experience extreme high or low readings during the first couple of days of wearing the CGM as it calibrates. The CGM should become more accurate the longer you wear it. For more information, visit: Troubleshoot: Extreme High/Low Readings During First 48 Hours
- Alarms during first 24 hours: There is an increased likelihood of a Dexcom alarm during the first 24 hours of wearing the CGM. If you experience this, visit our FAQ: I got a Critical Alarm from Dexcom. What should I do? to turn it off.
- Keep bluetooth on: You must have Bluetooth turned on for your phone in order to receive data from your CGM to your Levels app. If you turn off Bluetooth, you may experience data loss during that time.
- Lost connection: If your Dexcom app loses connection for any reason, continue to log your food and activities in the Levels app. The Levels app will process everything as soon as the CGM data comes through.
- Keep app running in background: You must have your Dexcom app open and running in the background in order to receive data from your CGM to your Levels app. If your Dexcom app is closed for more than 3 hours, you may experience data loss during that time.
If you run into issues, visit: Dexcom Troubleshooting.
While your CGM is warming up, move on to Step 5 below.
- Step 1: Download the apps
- Step 2: Prepare and apply your Dexcom CGM and Transmitter
- Step 3: Apply your Levels Performance Cover
- Step 4: Connect Dexcom to Levels
- Step 5: Turn off Dexcom app alerts
- Step 6: Log Food, Exercise, & Notes
- Dexcom FAQs