Scanning your CGM (Step 4)
To check your glucose you'll need to scan your CGM with your iPhone or Android.
- Open the LibreLink app
- Tap “Check Glucose”
- Hold the top of your phone to your sensor for a few seconds. Your phone should vibrate when the scan is complete.
- Your data will sync to the Levels app for analysis
How often should you scan your CGM?
Scan your sensor as often as you'd like, but at least once every 8 hours — and especially just before you go to bed, and right after you wake up. The sensors are continuously checking for new data points every 15 minutes.
The Levels app will keep your glucose data updated through your most recent scan in the LibreLink app - by clicking the circle at the top right of the Levels app it will give you details on the latest sync between the 2 apps.
- Scan when you wake up and just before you go to bed
- Scan at least once during the middle of the day
- Scan as often as you'd like — there is no limit!
Your sensor has an 8 hour memory, so in order to transfer the continuous readings to Levels, you need to scan your sensor before its memory fills up after 8 hours. If you wait longer than 8 hours, it's ok — but your sensor will start to replace the earliest data in its memory with new data. This will lead to gaps in your glucose graph and and missing data — affecting your activity scores and your final report.