Step 1: How to Apply the Dexcom G7
📲 Download the Dexcom G7 app
- Log into Dexcom G7 app: If you have an existing account, log in with your existing account; otherwise, you'll need to create a new Dexcom G7 account.
- The Dexcom G7 app will walk you through the step-by-step instructions directly from the app to apply your G7 sensor, connect your sensor to your phone, and enable Bluetooth. You can also find instructional and safety inserts inside the CGM box.
💪 Applying the Dexcom G7:
- Review the instructions: Carefully review the instructional inserts provided in your CGM box. The smaller insert contains app and sensor instructions and the larger insert has essential usage information and tips.
- Prep the sensor site. We recommend the fleshier part on the back of your upper arm between your deltoid and tricep, avoiding muscular areas.
- Wash and dry your hands: Thoroughly wash and dry your hands. Use alcohol swabs to clean the application site and allow to dry.
- Apply the sensor: Unscrew the sensor applicator and press and hold the applicator against your skin, then push the button and remove the applicator.
- Apply Performance Cover: You can apply the Overpatch provided by Dexcom or the Levels Performance Cover. Once the patch is applied, rub around the sensor 3 times and then press gently on the sensor for 10 seconds. Apply your Levels performance covers or the overpatch included with your sensor to keep your sensor protected.
🤳🏼 Connecting the Dexcom G7 sensor to your phone:
- Scan the 4 Digit Code: After you've applied the Dexcom G7 sensor you'll be prompted by the Dexcom G7 app to enter or scan the 4-digit pairing code found on the Dexcom G7 applicator.
- Warm up period: After the 30-minute warm-up period, you'll begin to see glucose data enter the Dexcom G7 app. Avoid eating or intense exercise during the 30-minute warm-up period.
- Next connect the Dexcom G7 app to Levels: Download the Levels and login, and follow the instructions in Step 2.
💡 Additional Tips:
- ⚠️ Turn off critical low alerts: We recommend turning off the critical low glucose alerts, as members using Levels are using it for health and wellness and not to manage a medical condition, click here for detailed instructions to disable critical low alarms.
- Apply the sensor at the right time: We recommend applying the sensor in the morning before eating or exercising, while glucose is most stable. Avoid eating and exercise during the 25-30 minute warmup window.
📺 To watch the Dexcom G7 Application video click this link here: Dexcom G7 Application Video
During the first 48 hours of wearing your sensor, you may experience extreme high/low glucose readings. Please note that this is normal as the sensor goes through a 48 hour calibration period. If you would like to read more information on the calibration process, visit: Extreme High/Low Readings During First 48 Hours
If you feel persistent pain or discomfort, please review the following article for more information on how to help: What should I do if I feel pain or discomfort?