Troubleshoot: Switching between Dexcom/Libre CGMs
You are switching to a different type of CGM (e.g. from Libre to Dexcom, from Dexcom to Libre) and you're unable to connect to the new CGM type.
If you're switching from Dexcom to Freestyle Libre, follow these troubleshooting steps:
- Follow each of the Freestyle Libre Setup Steps listed at levels.link/start. Please note that it takes about 60 minutes for the sensor to connect to Levels app after completing the setup steps. You will not be able to scan and receive data during that time. Once the sensor is connected you will receive a notification in the LibreLink app. If at this point you still can't connect your new Libre CGM to Levels, proceed to Step 2 below.
- Check that Levels is still connected as a practice in the LibreLink app. You can see this by opening the LibreLink app > opening the menu from the upper left > select Connected Apps > select LibreView > then you should see 'Levels' listed. If Levels is not showing up, follow these steps to relink your accounts: Setting up your LibreLink account. If Levels is showing up, proceed to Step 3.
- Turn your phone off and then on again. Then scan your sensor with your Librelink app.
- If at this point you still can't connect your new Libre CGM to Levels, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so they can help manually connect your CGM to Levels.
If you're switching from Freestyle Libre to Dexcom, follow these troubleshooting steps:
- Follow each of the Dexcom Setup Steps listed at levels.link/setup. After you complete each Dexcom Setup Step, there will be a two hour warm-up period. The app will say "Sensor: Not Connected" during the two-hour warmup period and you will not see glucose data in your apps until the 2-hour warmup period is done. This is because the sensor does not connect with Levels until warm up is complete.
- If you're still unable to connect your Dexcom to Levels after completing step 1 above, please email email@example.com so they can try and manually connect you.