Dexcom FAQ: How do I switch my Dexcom over to a new mobile device?
How do I switch my Dexcom over to a new mobile device?
- Before you get rid of your current device, write down the current transmitter SN (listed under Settings) from the old Dexcom G6 app. You should also look under Account to verify your Dexcom Username if you don't remember it.
- When you're ready to switch to the new device, install the Dexcom G6 app on your new phone: iPhone users: levels.link/G6App. Android users: Google Play Dexcom G6
- Delete the G6 app from your old device
- Remove the transmitter connection from the old device; under your phone's Bluetooth settings, select 'forget device'.
- On the new phone, login to the Dexcom app with your existing Dexcom Username and Password. Follow the set-up screens, if prompted:
- You may receive a pairing request on the new phone to connect it to the current transmitter by entering your 6-digit transmitter number.
- After entering the 6-digit transmitter number, you will be asked to enter a sensor code. If you are in a current session (wearing the CGM), choose “no code”. The sensor code will be stored on the transmitter so you will not be asked for calibrations.
- After completing the set up, it may take up to 5 minutes to reconnect back to the session and then your sensor readings history and trends will show up on your new device.