About the Freestyle Libre CGM
This article provides an overview of the the Freestyle Libre 14-day sensor, a CGM that is currently supported by Levels.
About the Freestyle Libre CGM:
- The Freestyle Libre sensor is comprised of one piece that needs to be placed on the back of your arm.
- The Freestyle Libre sensors last for 14 days each. You will receive two Libre sensors per shipment, providing you with 28 days of wearing time total.
- The Freestyle Libre sensor calculates a glucose value every 15 min, although it does not report real-time values. You must scan your Libre sensor with your phone at least once every 8 hours to transmit your data to the Levels app. The Libre uses NFC (near field communication) wireless technology to transmit data.
- The FreeStyle Libre is factory calibrated and does not require, or allow, calibration with a blood glucose reading.
- The Freestyle Libre sensor is round in shape and is .5 cm height and 3.5 cm in diameter.
- View safety information for the FreeStyle Libre CGM here.
- To see if your device is compatible with the Freestyle Libre CGM, click here.
For more information about CGMs, visit: About Continuous Glucose Monitors