How to Log a Meal, Activity, or Note
This article provides an overview of how to add a new log entry.
Levels uses entry logs to provide a feedback loop between your actions and your body's responses, raising your metabolic awareness, so it's beneficial to log all of your food & exercise activities – including snacks and walks – in the Levels app as often as possible.
How to Log a Meal, Activity, or Note:
- In the Levels app, select the plus (+) button at the bottom of the screen.
- Take a picture or import an image of the item you wish to log.
- The photo is optional; select Skip to continue with a text-only entry. It won’t affect your scoring if you don't log a photo.
- To import a photo from your camera roll, tap the gallery icon.
- Add a short description of the log. The level of detail is up to you; you may find it helpful to be more descriptive to help you pinpoint what affects your glucose levels. For more information, visit FAQ: How detailed should I get with logging meals?
- Confirm the Date and Start Time by tapping the clock on the bottom left of the screen (for exercise, you can log the End Time, too).
- For exercise logs, mark the exercise as Strenuous if you don’t want the glucose spike caused by it to affect your score.
- Select Save.
- Why use the Notes feature? When using Levels you may notice that some unexpected things can impact your glucose levels. Examples include an increase in acute stress, supplements like vitamin c, pain relievers like aspirin, and even some skincare products. Logging these events as a Note will help you draw those connections to how they're affecting your glucose.
If you have any additional questions please reach out to the Levels Support team at email@example.com.